About Memberships & Donations: MEMBERSHIPS ARE BEING PHASED OUT IN FAVOR OF BUILDING OUR DONOR BASE. ALL CURRENT PAID MEMBERS WILL BE RECOGNIZED AS DONORS. PLEASE USE THE DONATION OPTIONS FROM NOW ON.
Friends of Fairfield Rugby was formally organized in December 2008 as a non-profit charitable organization and has made great strides in supporting our current teams and building our legacy. Our 50th Anniversary Gala, the annual Rugby Fest Homecoming, and current on the field excellence of our teams are visible testimony to our efforts and the generous support of our initial members and donors. To continue the growth of our storied program to the next level we are going to build an annual program of Donations. Our goal is to have ALL past Red Rugger Men & Women and fans as active donors in support of the FOFR. Over 1300 men & women have played this great game in Fairfield colors; just think of the power of such a scrum!
We all know this fact of life: a purpose driven non-profit organization like the FOFR needs continuous funding to thrive. Yes, we have achieved much but there is more to do to ensure that rugby at Fairfield fulfills its potential on and off the field for those who follow in our sweat stained footsteps. Our modest Membership Fees initially helped us run the organization, maintain this website, and manage the data base that keeps the growing Rugger Alumni Network alive and connected on a regular basis. Memberships served their purpose and we are deeply appreciative of those who subscribed. Now we want all Ruggers to be active donors on an anuual basis at whatever level they choose starting at just $50.00. Donations are the fuel that make our mission possible.
Your benefits include:
- A well funded FOFR treasury that will provide direct support to the FURFC Men & Women, financial aid for individual Ruggers in need, and other activities intended for the good of the game and the well being of the Rugger Alumni Network
- A powerful voice of dedicated Fairfied University alumni that will advocate for the FURFC and collaborate with University Administration & Team Leaders to protect, fund, and nourish the club and sport we love
- Since our inception in December of 2008 we have raised over $230,000, hosted our 50th Anniversary Celebration, and donated over $115,000.00; you can review our financial statements in the About Us menu on our Home Page.
- In 2014 we donated $10,000 for club training expenses, funded a "Living FURFC History" on our website, and launched an annual Rugby Fest Homecoming
- In 2015, with support from our new corporate sponsors, we donated $18,000 for coaching & professional training for both teams, new men's team uniforms, new equipment backpacks for the women's team, and travel support to send a Red Rugger to a development camp for prospective USA EAGLES
- Future plans include continued funding for coaching & training, partnering with FU for practice equipment and improvements at Grauert Field including a permanent storage structure with seating and spectator friendly landscaping
- We plan to increase the endowment of the Ciacci-Pascale Rugby Scholarship Fund which will start offering financial aid to qualified rugby players admitted for the class of 2020
- An active FOFR Hall of Fame Committee to ensure that Rugby Excellence by our men & women is rewarded and recognized for all time
- Each donor is recognized as such in their profile on our searchable website data base and Memberships will now be recognized as Donors
- FOFR News through our website, email blasts, and our Facebook Page – a great way to stay in touch with the current club and with news about rugby alumni.
- Employment opportunity networking for Rugger undergrads and alumni; this has proved to be very successful for those who request that we circulate resumes and job postings
- Invitations to all FOFR functions
- Donors only pricing on events and merchandise
- "Psychic Income” from supporting the great game we all love and has given us friends & memories for a lifetime
Friends of Fairfield Rugby is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Donations to the FOFR are tax deductible. Download the IRS documentation of our charitable tax-exempt status at this link.
Your Voluntary Donation makes it possible to fund our vision and goals; we could not do that on our modest membership fees so we decided to phase out memberships and eliminate the administrative requirements that went along with it. Donation options are: $50, $150, $250, $500, and $1000. If you wish to change your donation amount it can be done by using the Quantity Box in the on-line order system (i.e. $50 x 2 = $100 or $250 x 3 = $750 etc.).
For Corporate Matching gifts, or if you prefer to send a donation by check, make it payable to THE PID FUND FOR FAIRFIELD RUGBY INC. and mail it to the FOFR Treasurer at the address below.
Friends of Fairfield Rugby, Patrick O'Keefe, 21 Bridle Path Trail, Monroe, CT 06468
|Winter Party in NYC||Voluntary Donations||FURFC Blazer Patches|
|50th Anniversary Commemorative Journal||Fairfield Rugby Football Club 50th Anniversary DVD||FOFR 50th Anniversary Mug|
|Classic Rugby Shirt||Pivot Jacket||Men's MicroStripe Polo|
|Portsmouth Hoodie Jacket||Stealth Zip Pullover||Women's MicroStripe Polo|